Have you tried baking with our chai before? We recently added it to this Chai Spice Summer Galette, and it turned out so delicious when combined with the medley of fresh blackberries and peaches. Try serving with a scoop of ice cream to top it all off!
1 cup fresh blackberries
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Metolius Chai
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1-2 peaches, thinly sliced
2 additional tablespoons Metolius Chai
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 egg, beaten
coarse sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the blackberries, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of chai concentrate, cornstarch, and vanilla.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Place the pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet and arrange the blackberries over the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the peaches on top.
4. In a small saucepan melt together the 2 tablespoons chai concentrate and butter. Drizzle the mix over the peaches.
5. Fold the edges of the pastry up and over the berries. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. It's OK if the edges get dark.
6. Let cool slightly and serve with ice cream. Of course our favorite is Bonta's Salted Vanilla. Add a drizzle of chai over the ice cream if desired.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest